Welcome to our 2019 Staff Camping Trip Page!
We’re headed up to Philip Edward Island which is rated as one of the Top 10 Sea Kayaking Locations in the world!
- Hundreds of Rock Islands scattered around Georgian Bay’s beautiful clear and clean waters.
- Everyone will be given one of our awesome Sea Kayaks, Spray Skirts, PFDs and Paddles to use for the trip.
- Philip Edward Island is located in a Dark Skies viewing area meaning that the starts are stupid amazing.
- There is a Meteor Shower that should be coming to it’s peak at the time that we’re there meaning if we’re lucky we’ll be in for an awesome show.
- All Expenses excluding what we’ve listed under the What to Bring section are on Us (Rosaire & Mathias).
- We’ll be spending our second day going over many different Sea Kayak exercises including Open Water Rescues, Rolling and more!
- Transportation to and from Philip Edward Island
- Kayaks, Spray Skirts, Paddles, PFDs and all other paddling equipment
- Any Fees/Permits
- Camping Equipment (Not including Sleeping Bags, Ground Sheets, Head Lamps/Flashlights and Water Bottles)
- Food (Not including Breakfast and Lunch on the way up and Lunch on the way back, we will stop and you can purchase meals along the way)
- Rosaire & Mathias to guide you the whole way!
What to Bring
|1||Sleeping Bag Rated to 8 Celcius|
|1||Sleeping Mat (Not Required though reccommended)|
|Any medications you may need|
How It Works
We’re going to pick you up from Keele TTC Station’s main entrance Monday Morning at 8am SHARP (we’ll leave you if you’re late) and will drop you off around 4pm on Wednesday on our way back at the same location.
The drive is 5-Hours to the Launch Point at Willow Creek where we’ll get all of our gear into our Sea Kayaks and depart down Willow Creek towards Georgian Bay and the Western Entrance which is a half a kilometre open water paddle which we must cross to get to Philip Edward Island. Upon reaching the island we’ll paddle around and find a beautiful site for us to camp on, of which there are many many many.
We’ll start making breakfast around 9-9:30am after which we’ll have some free time before we go on an exploratory paddle of the area and practice some open water rescues, rolling and other Sea Kayaking techniques. We’ll most likely have lunch on whatever cool spot we find before heading back to our campsite for the night.
Once again we’ll start on breakfast around 9:00am after which we’ll have some free time before we pack everything up and head on back across the western gap, up the Chikanishing Creek, back to the vehicles and homebound to TO.
Who is listed as Attending
If you’re not on the list below the time for confirming has unfortunately passed so hopefully we’ll see you out with us next year! If you’re name isn’t below and you did confirm please show me the message and I’ll sort it out for you and apologies for missing it.