CANCELLED – Fall 2019 Cleanup The Humber Event
How to Book
Read over the information below then select “Book Now” and follow our simple online reservation process.
Sunday October 27th join us for our Annual Fall Cleanup The Humber Valley free event!
The Humber Valley is a beautiful nature packed area of Toronto’s which has the historic Humber River meandering through its center right here in Toronto! Every Spring & Fall we have a Cleanup The Humber event where we invite everyone to come down to our Humber Location and take one of our canoes or walk, grab a garbage bag, gloves and get out there and help pick up litter and other garbage in order to make this green space clean for us and all of nature to enjoy!
How to Book
Select the “Book Now” button above and follow our easy online booking process to complete your RSVP
This is a FREE EVENT for all Volunteers participating in the Cleanup
- PFD(s) “Lifejackets”
- Garbage Bag & Nitrile Gloves
- Drinks & Snacks
- Our experienced staff to help you every step of the way!
- Canoes are available on a first come first serve basis
- You don’t have to paddle, you’re welcome to just walk the valley for the cleanup
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather!
- Something to secure your Shades so they don’t fall in and sink!
- Clothing and Footwear you don’t mind possibly getting a little muddy
- Don’t forget your Cameras!
How It Works
We meet at our Humber Location located only a 5-minute walk from Old Mill TTC Station (Toronto’s Public Transit). After checking in you’ll be set up with your PFD(s) “Lifejackets & Paddle(s), Boat(s), Garbage Bags and Gloves before helping launch you onto the Humber River’s calm waters. Use your canoe to get you to remote areas of the river where you can disembark and gather litter and other things to bring back to our Humber Location where we will have it removed.
- We Start & Finish this event at our Humber Location, so no need for a shuttle!
Click Here for Directions to our Humber River Paddling Center