” Book Here “
Welcome to Toronto Adventure’s Snowshoeing
When: Our Intro to Snowshoeing Adventures runs from December to March.
- City Snowshoeing meet at a ttc subway station
- Adventure Bus Out of City Snowshoeing includes Bus Transport from a ttc subway station to Copeland Forest or the Bruce Trail
- Snowshoes for the duration of the event
- Beginners snowshoe lesson and instruction
- 2 Hour Guided Snowshoeing Trail Adventure
- Great way to learn to Snowshoe, socialize, and enjoy Canada’s beautiful winter season!
Where: During the weekends we use our Adventure Bus to go to where the snow has fallen on our Bruce Trail and Copeland Forest Guided Snowshoeing Adventure Bus Trips.
During the weekday evenings, when there is snow in Toronto, we enjoy Guided City Snowshoeing Adventures in High Park, the Humber Valley and the Rouge Valley.
ADVENTURE BUS, OUT OF TOWN, SNOWSHOEING LESSON & DAY TRIPS
Copeland Forest Snowshoeing Lesson and Guided Adventure Bus Day Trip, only 1.5 hours from Toronto, you find yourself in the wonderful Copeland Forest. When there is no snow in souther Ontario there is normally snow in this near north georgian bay area winter wonderland. Copeland Forest, Guided Snowshoeing Adventure Bus Day Trip only The Copeland Forest is the largest intact forest between Orillia and Toronto, and has been identified by the Couchiching Conservancy as a particularly rare habitat type in this region: it is a mature upland deciduous forest large enough to support species that rely on “forest interior” habitat. Nestled on the edge of the Oro Moraine, it is also a key link in the Oro Moraine wildlife and vegetation corridor stretching from Craighurst to Bass Lake.
Bruce Trail, Halton region Snowshoeing Lesson & Guided Adventur Bus Day Trip, only 1 hour from Toronto is a section of the historic Bruce Trail in the Halton region of southern Ontario that, when it has snow, is a fantastic area to Snowshoe. Copeland Forst Snowshoeing Lesson and Adventure Bus Day Trip. The Bruce Trail is a 800 km trail that runs from the Niagara Peninsula all the way north to Tobermory. The 10km section we snowshoe in is in the Halton region. This is a wonderful forested hilly area, a wonderful, scenic, secluded place to snowshoe.
CITY OF TORONTO, SNOWSHOEING EVENING ADVENTURES
High Park – Guided Snowshoeing Adventure : We meet right at the High Park TTC Subway Station. High Park is a forested park right in heart of the near west end of the City of Toronto. We explore the trails of this wonderful 300 acre city park. We end this adventure right back at the High Park TTC Subway Station.
Humber River Valley – Guided Snowshoeing Adventure : We meet right at the Old Mill TTC Subway Station. The Humber River Valley is a wonderful valley right in the City of Toronto. We snowshoe the forested trails along the Humber River ending back at the Old Mill TTC Subway Station.
Rouge River Valley – Guided Snowshoeing Adventure : Since the Glenn Rouge Campground, where we start our Rouge River Valley Snowshoeing Guided Adventure is not TTC accessible we use our Adventure Bus to pick you up from the Keele TTC Subway Station and drive you to the Glenn Rouge Campground and our Rouge River Valley Snowshoeing start location. After the adventure we bring you back to the Keele TTC Subway Station. The Rouge River Valley is a wonderful valley right in the City of Toronto. We snowshoe the forested trails along the Rouge River ending back at the Glenn Rouge Campground and our Adventure Bus.
- Please dress warmly.
- Dress in layers so that if you are too hot or too cold you can add or remove clothing.
- Do not wear coats that are lower then your knees.
- Snow pants are great. A waterproof layer is great.
- The best boots to wear are flat bottomed, water proof boots or any other flat bottomed boot.
- Make sure to wear a warm hat and gloves or mitts. A scarf is a great addition.
- Simply, dress for the weather
- If there is no snow for the date you there will be a tour cancellation notice posted on the front page of this website in the morning prior to the event. You will be notified by email and you will be given a new voucher code to re-register with on a future snowshoeing adventure.